Safety and Environment
DeltaSBD employs a proactive approach to safety. The Board and Management believe that all incidents can be prevented and the Company strives for zero harm against key benchmarks in DeltaSBD's overall safety performance each year.
DeltaSBD is focussed on ensuring its employees and its clients have a safe working environment. It does this through the following proactive measures:
- Undertaking formal risk assessments;
- Reviewing risk assessments with clients and determining an agreed approach to the services it provides;
- Preparing job procedures and scheduling to reflect the agreed approach;
- Being prepared to stop work where systems or equipment may compromise safety;
- Providing on site managers and supervisors having safety as top priority; and
- Having senior management review the safety at each site on a monthly basis.
Further, the DeltaSBD Health, Safety and Compliance Management Plan (HSCMP) requires that:
- All DeltaSBD personnel undertake a DeltaSBD induction at the commencement of their employment (a key part of this induction focuses on safety obligations, rules and procedures, personal hazard managment and detailed work hazard management);
- An enhanced recruitment induction and training scheme for inexperienced personnel in undertaken;
- Additional safety training is undertaken for supervisors and managers; and
- Audits are undertaken to ensure compliance